improved varieties of potatoes
In India, about 85 percent of the total production of potatoes is used as a vegetable. The remaining 15% of potatoes are used for making starch , chips, french fry, snacks etc. Before cultivating potatoes, it is important to know about its different varieties.
Kufri ornaments: This is one of the quick growing varieties. Its crop is ready in about 70 days. 80 to 100 quintals of potato can be obtained per acre of land.
Kufri Sindoori: It takes about 120 to 125 days to prepare this variety of potato. 120 to 160 quintal crop is obtained per acre of land.
Kufri Lavkar: The crop is ready in 100 to 120 days after sowing this variety of potato. The yield per acre of land is about 120 to 160 quintals.
Kufri Chandramukhi: Normally 80 to 100 quintals of potatoes can be obtained per acre of land by cultivating this type of potato, which is ready in about 80 to 90 days.
Kufri Bahar 3792 E: The crop is ready in about 90 to 110 days in the winter season, while it takes 100 to 135 days for the crop to be ready in the summer.
E 4486 : It is cultivated mainly in Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Gujarat, West Bengal and Madhya Pradesh. It takes 135 days for the crop to become ready. The yield of potatoes is 100 to 120 quintals per acre of land.
Apart from this Kufri Jyoti, Kufri Jawahar JH 222, Kufri Swarna, Kufri Deva, Kufri Badshah, Kufri Navtal G 2524, Kufri Sheel Maan, etc. are some of the prominent varieties of potatoes. Kufri Chipsona-1, Kufri Chipsona- 2, Kufri Anand and Kufri Giriraj are some new varieties of potatoes as well.
If you found this information important, then like this post and also share it with other farmer friends. Ask us your questions related to this through comments.
21 September 2021
फसल चिकित्सक से मुफ़्त सलाह पाएँ